KnowNow Rapid HIV testing recommences in Dublin
KnowNow provides free and confidential rapid HIV tests in Dublin, Cork and Limerick.
KnowNow Rapid HIV testing has recommenced in Dublin in 4 venues throughout the city. Part of a national partnership, KnowHow Rapid HIV testing also takes place in Limerick City & Cork City.
KnowNow provides free and confidential rapid HIV tests that will give a result in 60 seconds. The service is provided in informal, non-clinical settings, giving men who have sex with men a quick and convenient way to find out their HIV status.
The pilot scheme was paused in the capital for a number of months after their partner venue, the Gay & Lesbian Equality Network (GLEN) closed earlier this year.
The drop-in service is run by trained gay and bisexual male volunteers and the test itself is a painless prick test that will give either a negative, reactive, or void result within 60 seconds. Service users are guaranteed a private and confidential space for the testing to take place. There’s also peer support, counselling, and referrals available to any service user who needs them.
Anyone interested in availing of the Rapid HIV test in Dublin can drop into any of the venues below during testing hours:
- Pantibar - Saturdays & Sundays - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Boilerhouse - Sundays - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- The George - Tuesdays - 8:00pm to 10:00pm
- Outhouse - Wednesdays - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- GOSHH, Redwood Place, 18 Davis Street, Limerick - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Sexual Health Centre, 19 Peters Street, Cork - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- To book phone 021 4276676 or email email@example.com
To learn more visit www.knownow.ie