Make young people heard
Opportunity for under 18s
Application for Participation in Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People (NICCY) and Ombudsman for Children’s Office (OCO) steering group for Brexit event.
- Have you views on Brexit?
- Do you have questions for politicans?
- Are you interested in children's rights?
- Do you want to make sure young people are heard?
The OCO in Dublin and the NICCY are looking for a group of 20 young people – 10 from the North and 10 from the South - to plan a cross-border youth event on Brexit. If you are interested in being part of this group please complete and submit the attached application form. The completed form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21st June.
“The group will help shape the event and how we follow up to influence negotiations. We want to make sure that Children’s Rights are not negatively impacted by Brexit on either side of the border and that those affected can have a voice in decisions that will affect them.”
“Monthly meetings will take place alternately in Dublin and Belfast. The first meeting is on Saturday 1st July at OCO offices, Dublin, 11 am to 3pm. Follow up meetings will be agreed with the group but we are looking for people who can commit to at least one day per month between July and November 2017. Some additional online preparation may also be needed.”
“You will be supported by OCO and NICCY staff and partner organisations to plan the youth event in November. There will be a lot of different roles including event management, running workshops, communications, dealing with politicians etc. We will help and support you to get things done.”
All out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed for planning meetings and for the event (remember to keep all your receipts!).
Information on Selection Process:
- As places on the group will be limited, not all applications will be successful -therefore applicants should confirm they can commit the time, understand what’s involved and are willing to undertake tasks as agreed.
- Where two or more applications are from the same organisation/group, NYCI may request the organisation/group to prioritise who should represent them.
- Completed form should be emailed to email@example.com by Wednesday 21st June
For more information contact:
Jean Marie Cullen, NYCI
3 Montague Street
Direct line: 01-425 5945