This is a difficult time for everyone, and it’s normal to feel sad, anxious or scared. Being told to stay at home, keep your distance from other people, and having to change your usual routine can be tough and cause some worry. Accessing mental health supports is also more challenging during this time, but it’s important to know that there is help out there.
We have put together a list of helpful articles and opinion pieces by other young people all around looking after your mental health during this pandemic. It’s really important to take time to yourself and reach out to someone, whether it’s a friend, family member, or a service, if you’re struggling with your mental health or wellbeing.
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious around the current pandemic?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 086 1800 280 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service
Your mental health and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Find information on looking after your mental health during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic here.
How to look after your mental health
- How to handle coronavirus anxiety
- How to look after your mental health while social distancing
- Living with an eating disorder during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to stay body positive during COVID-19
Services and supports available during COVID-19
Things to try
- Practising mindfulness and staying positive during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 5 ways to look after your wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic
How to help others
- Supporting someone with a mental health problem during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to reduce arguments during COVID-19 lockdown
Opinions and advice from other young people
- 5 positives things to focus on during the COVID-19 pandemic
- What I’ve learned about myself during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to make the most of your COVID-19 disappointment
- Why it’s ok to feel disappointed about the impact of COVID-19
- What I took for granted before the COVID-19 pandemic
- Why we should be kind to ourselves during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How I support my mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Young people and COVID-19: Mental health stories