Festival of Curiosity 2013
Taking place in Dublin from July 25th-28th.
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
This week sees Temple Bar and other locations in Dublin hosting the annual Festival of Curiosity.
What's it all about?
It's basically a festival of science and culture with lots of cool and interesting events and activities taking place. The wide range of activities means that there is something to suit all ages so check out what's happening here.
The festival will hold hands-on activities, treasure hunts, workshops, robot building, curiosity carnival, interactive installations, science busking and much more.
Some of the highlights include:
- Comedian, Dara O'Briain's Science Club (Sold out unfortunately)
- TAKE THE SPACE present STELLA, Smock Alley Theatre, July 26th at 19.30
- Physics Busking, Temple Bar Area, Fri July 26th, 12-4pm/ Sun July 28h 12-4pm
- Curious Futures with RTÉ's Rick O'Shea, Smock Alley Theatre, Thursday 25th July 2013, 19.30
- Amazing Science exhibition, The Atrium, Temple Bar Gallery, Fri 25th – Sun 28th July, Daily 11.30 – 16.30
The vision of the festival is to get people believing in a world where every person has the confidence, the courage and the opportunity to be curious. The Festival of Curiosity came about when Dublin was the City of Science 2012, winning the bid to host of the Euroscience Open Foum in July 2012 and is now an annual event.