SpunOut.ie is partnering up with Facebook and CoderDojo to host a hackathon! How exciting!
The event will be held on October 5th at Facebook’s European headquarters.
Those attending will be tasked with developing innovative solutions to match young people with health related services in their local area.
If you’re a software engineer, app developer, designer, web developer, technician or coder and over the age of 18; we need you to come along to Facebook HQ and be part of something which will make a difference to the lives of SpunOut's 400,000+ users.
Key things to remember:
- You don't need to be Mark Zuckerberg to help out, you just need to have some related skills
- We'll cover reasonable travel expenses for those coming from outside of Dublin
- You can be any age as long as you are over 18
- Meals and refreshments will be provided
- Facebook engineers will be on hand to support you
- SpunOut volunteers will be on hand to bounce ideas off
- The event starts at 09.15am sharp
By taking part in the hackathon, you can use technology and your talents to help young people get easier access to services online.
The person or team who comes up with the best idea or solution will receive €1,000 in Facebook advertising credits — a great prize for any start-up or business!
The hack will run from 9.15am to 7pm on Oct 5th at Facebook's HQ in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin and meals and refreshments will be provided (courtesy of Facebook).
If you think you can help and are over the age of 18, please sign up to get involved.
If you have any questions, just drop us a line to [email protected]
Once you have signed up, confirm your attendance on the Facebook Event Page
The techy side:
- SpunOut has a RESTful JSON API which developers can access for all of its service listings, use to search through them, post new listings and more.
We'll have Facebook engineers and specialists on hand on the day to guide and advise, as well as youth proofers to bounce ideas off to ensure the tool will be user friendly.