Skip navigation and jump to content
Welcome to Ireland's Youth Information Website
Follow us
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Snapchat

Accessibility Options

High Contrast Text Size

How to fill out the Back to Education Allowance form (BTE 1)

Find out how to fill out this form

Written by SpunOut | View this authors Twitter page and posted in education

Share this article -

If you're over 21 and are unemployed, a single parent or have a disability, then you may be entitled to Back To Education Allowance. Find out more here.

Download empty form

Page 1

Page 1 Annotation: BTEA stands for Back to Education Allowance.

Page 2

Page 3

Page 3 Annotation - Part 1 Your PPS Number - You can find your PPS number by contacting Intreo or your social welfare office.

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 6 Annotation - Part 2 Financial Institution - You can find your BIC and IBAN on your bank statement or online banking.

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 9 Annotation - Part 5 Additional Information - VTOS means Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme.

Page 10

Page 11

Page 12

Need more information?

We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.

Share this article -

Published Novem­ber 17th2016
Tags forms education social welfare social welfare scheme
Can this be improved? Contact if you have any suggestions for this article.

Need more information?

Request to speak with a youth worker in your area over the phone, by email or text. They may be able to assist you by providing further information specific to your needs.

Youth Work Ireland - Crosscare - YMCA

Contact via: Phone E-mail Text
By clicking submit you agree to our terms and conditions. ​Please note that this service is run by Youth Work Ireland and Crosscare​.​ E​nquiries are not handled by directly.
Jump to related articles
Was this article helpful?