A sample CV to check out
123 Tower Street
(047) 447 4447 / 085 885 0085
June 2013- present: Mulligan’s Newsagents
• I currently work in Mulligan’s Newsagents on Tower Street. My duties include serving customers, stocking the shop, and operating the tea and coffee machine. I am also entrusted with making stock orders, opening and closing the shop, and counting the till.
January 2013- June 2013: John Smith Accountants
• I worked in John Smith accountants for a period of six months last year as part of my college course placement. I found it to be a very valuable learning experience, and gained skills in areas such as filing, customer service, auditing, spreadsheets and account management.
January 2013- June 2013: Bar staff at The Grey Goose pub
• This was a part-time job I worked in while at college in Dublin. I was entrusted with various duties such as pulling pints, tapping kegs, cleaning the bar, serving food and collecting glasses.
September 2012- January 2013: Shop Assistant in O’Reilly’s Garage
• I worked weekends here for a period of five months, during which time my responsibilities included stocking the shop, washing cars, operating the pumps, and serving customers at the till. I was also entrusted with opening and locking up the garage, and was a keyholder.
Skills and achievements
• Possess strong knowledge of accountancy practice, as is evidenced by my experience in the John Smith Accountants firm.
• I am a polite and courteous individual who loves interacting with clients and customers. Have a long history of customer service due to my involvement in both O’Reilly’s Garage and Mulligan’s Newsagents.
• Strong working in a team environment but can also excel when working independently.
• Have always been extremely goal-focused and am not easily deterred by setbacks.
I enjoy cycling, swimming and reading. I am a member of the camping society in Dublin College, and regularly go on trips and excursions. I also play football with Clones FC, and enjoy going to the cinema whenever I get the chance.
2012- Present: Dublin College
• Currently in my last year of studies for an honours degree in accountancy.
2006- 2012: Clones Secondary School
• Graduated with seven honours in the Junior Certificate, and attained a score of 400 points in the Leaving Certificate (breakdown of individual results available on request).
1998- 2006: Saint Mary’s Primary School, Clones
Mr. John Smith- Senior accountant, John Smith Accountants
Email: email@example.com, Phone no: 086 606 6600
Mr. Sean O’Reilly- Manager, O’Reilly’s Garage
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone no: 087 707 7700
Get our top CV tips here: