Not everyone follows the conventional educational route, the National Learning Network provides a practical and helpful reintroduction to education for those who may be struggling to find employment. NLN provide a broad selection of courses on a variety of topics all around the country.
What is the National Learning Network (NLN)?
This is a back-to-education scheme by Rehab that offers courses for early school leavers, those with intellectual disabilities or anyone who has been out of the workplace for a period of time.
Who are NLN courses for?
- Early school leavers aged between 17 and 24.
- Anyone who has been out of work because of an accident, illness, mental health setback or a disability.
- Anyone that is looking to change their career path.
- Unemployed people receiving job seekers payments.
- People receiving Disability Allowance.
Features of National Learning Network courses
- There are no fees, all courses are free of charge.
- Receive €40 a week for attending NLN course.
- €40 can be received alongside your Jobseekers or Disability Allowance.
- Courses available all around the country. View list of centres here.
- Continous intake, courses take students all year round.
- Work experience placements are included.
How can I apply?
- Contact individual centres. Look at the list here.
- Sit in on the class you would like to join for a day and see what you think.
- If you want to join you will be given an application and a medical application to fill in.
Need more information?
We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.