Looking for something to do with your friends that doesn’t involve alcohol? There are plenty of fun events and activities you can take part in, alone and with a group, that don’t involve drinking.
Venues, bars and clubs
There are a number of venues and clubs that are alcohol-free, from late-night coffee shops to places you can go for a dance.
- No Name Club (Nationwide): The No Name Club is a club for 15-18 year olds to find ways to make friends and enjoy social gatherings without needing alcohol or drugs.
- Accents Coffee & Tea Lounge (Dublin): Accents is open until 11pm each night, Accents can be an alternative to going to a bar to catch up with friends.
- Clockwork Door (Dublin): The Clockwork Door is a pay-by-hour venue where you can play board games, get free tea and coffee, and no alcohol is served. They’re open until 10 each night.
- The Virgin Mary (Dublin – Over 18’s): The Virgin Mary is an over-18s cocktail bar selling non-alcoholic cocktails. They’re located on Capel St in Dublin thevirginmarybar.com
Alcohol Free Activities
This list has just some of the things you can plan with friends to enjoy a day, evening, or whole weekend without drinking.
- Go for a hike or a long walk somewhere scenic
- Watersports like surfing, water-skiing, or even scuba diving
- A trip to the cinema or a movie night at home
- Cooking or baking at home with friends
- Going out for a meal with the focus on enjoying the company and food rather than drinking
- Rock climbing
- Try an escape room with friends at places like Adventure Rooms
- Dance class
- Cooking class
- Go zip lining – Zipit have locations in Cork, Roscommon and Dublin
- Instead of a pub crawl, go on a café crawl and try coffee / hot chocolate / tea around the city with friends
- Join a local camera club and go to meetups and workshops
- Try mountain biking – places like Biking.ie (Dublin and Wicklow) run mountain bike workshops and sessions for different age groups
- Have a games night with board games or video games