Looking after yourself this Paddy’s Day weekend
Enjoy yourself this weekend while staying safe and looking out for your friends.
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
Many people look forward to Paddy’s Day, and the bank holiday that comes with it, as an opportunity to celebrate. No matter how you choose to ring in the feast day of Ireland’s patron saint, what’s most important is reducing harm, taking care and looking out for your friends. If you’re planning on drinking or taking drugs, make sure to inform yourself of the risks and you know what to do if things go wrong.
How to stay safe and make the most of St. Patrick’s weekend
Here are some ways you can look out for yourself and your friends this weekend:
Drugs and alcohol
- Quiz: How much do you know about alcohol?
- How to help a friend in a drug emergency
- What happens when you mix alcohol and drugs?
- Reducing harm when taking drugs at an event
Looking after yourself
Feeling overwhelmed and want to talk to someone?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Free-text SPUNOUT to 50808 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service
If you are a customer of the 48 or An Post network or cannot get through using the ‘50808’ short code please text HELLO to 086 1800 280 (standard message rates may apply). Some smaller networks do not support short codes like ‘50808’.