Wheelchair sports teams you can join in Ireland
With over 20 clubs to choose from find the sport that suits you
If you are a wheelchair user and would like to take up a sport the best option for you is to become a member of Irish Wheelchair Association -Sports. The IWA-Sports have a network of 21 sports clubs located around Ireland as well as a gym and currently employ approximately 2300 people around Ireland. IWA-Sports is primarily funded by Sports Ireland and is also largely supported by volunteers. IWA-Sports currently have basketball, rugby, swimming, archery, table-tennis, athletics, power-lifting and junior sports clubs around Ireland.
If you would like more information about joining the IWA-Sports you can contact their Regional Sports Development Officers.
Wheelchair Sports Clubs in Ireland
- Killester Wheelchair Basketball Club IWA, Clontarf - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clonaslee Wheelchair Basketball Club, Laois - email@example.com
- Limerick Scorpions Wheelchair Basketball Club, Limerick - firstname.lastname@example.org
- South East Swifts Wheelchair Basketball Club, Kilkenny/Carlow - SWall@wallsteel.ie
- Rebel Wheelers Wheelchair Basketball Club, Cork - email@example.com
- Titans Galway Wheelchair Basketball Club, Galway - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East Thunder Wheelchair Basketball Club, Dundalk - email@example.com
- Shannonside Junior Wheelchair Basketball Club, Athlone - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NI Knight Wheelchair Basketball Club, Belfast - email@example.com
- Ballybrack Bulls, Ballybrack South Dublin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaelic Warriors Wheelchair Rugby Club IWA, Clontarf - email@example.com
- Rebel Wheelers Wheelchair Rugby Club, Cork - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ulster Barbarians Wheelchair Rugby Club, Belfast - email@example.com
- Laois lions Wheelchair Rugby Club, Laois - firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-sport Junior Clubs (ages 5 to 17 )
- Galway Speeders Multi Sport Junior Club, Galway - email@example.com
- Dublin Swifts Multi Sport Junior Club IWA, Clontarf - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebel Wheelers Multi Sport Junior Club, Cork - email@example.com
- North East Sports Junior Programme, Louth - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deise Dragons Multi Sport Junior Club, Waterford City - email@example.com
- Banner Spokes Multi Sport Junior Club Ennis, Co Clare - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slaneysiders Multi Sport Junior Club, Wexford - email@example.com
Other Wheelchair Sport Clubs in Ireland
- Para Athletics - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Para Powerlifting - email@example.com
- Para Swimming
- Para Archery
- Table Tennis
Irish Wheelchair Association Gym Clontarf
Irish Wheelchair Association Gym in Clontarf, North Dublin is open to IWA members, the general public and have special rates for students & older adults (65+). The gym accepts referrals through the HSE GP Referral programme, from physiotherapists and as follow-on out-patient referrals after cardiac rehab.
The majority of the gym equipment is fully accessible for wheelchair users with a wide range of equipment available for all areas of training (health, general fitness, sports performance etc.) & rehab.
If you would like to add a wheelchair sports club to this list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need more information?
Would you like more information? Maybe you would like to talk through your own situation? Get in touch through our online chat system for 16 to 25 year olds - Monday to Friday 4pm to 8pm.