How to make banana bread
Try this simple recipe for delicious banana bread that’s great for sharing with others
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
About this recipe
- Servings: 4+
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 90 minutes
- Utensils needed: loaf tin, mixing bowl
- 280g self-raising flour
- 140g brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 110g walnuts chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 200g melted margarine
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix the wet mixture and the dry mixture together.
- Put into well greased loaf tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 1&1/2 hours.