It was a quiet, peaceful Sunday morning when I first made these beauties. There’s something about making smoothies that relaxes me; something satisfying about creating something so appealing and tasty from a few messy chunks of fruit. On this particular occasion, I took it slowly and discovered a few tips as to how we can make them even more filling and appetising
- 2 x Apple (helps balance blood sugar levels)
- 1 x Orange (aids healthy digestion)
- 2 x Bananas (contains slow-releasing sugars)
- 1 x Avocado (omega-3, healthy fats)
- Blueberries (antibacterial qualities)
- Flahavan’s Irish organic oats (help lower cholesterol)
- Bran flakes (iron, fibre)
- A blender
- A trendy travel cup to take and go (optional)
- Add three tablespoons of oats to a blender, followed by two tablespoons of bran flakes.
- Dice up and chop up all of the fruits and throw them in on top.
- Pour in about 2/3rd of a cup of water.
- Blend right through to a smooth consistency.
- Add blueberries last if you’d like them to remain in small chunks (they make it more visually appealing if wanting to serve to others).
- If making them for a special occasion, garnish with some healthy chia seeds or bee pollen (optional).