About this recipe
- Servings: 4 – 6
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes.
- Utensils needed: frying pan, Casserole dish.
- 450g lean minced beef
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 dessertspoons of peas
- 3 mushrooms sliced
- 6 broccoli florets
- 5 potatoes
- a little low-fat milk
- 1 low salt beef stock cube
- 275ml of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to the boil. Then turn down heat and simmer.
- Peel the onion, carrots and mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Fry until the meat is browned (approx. 10 minutes) and drain off any excess fat from pan.
- Add all the vegetables to the minced beef.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 275mls boiling water and add to the minced beef and veg.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Put into a casserole dish.
- Drain and mash the potatoes. Add a little milk and seasoning to taste.
- Spoon on top of meat mixture and smooth gently with a spoon or fork to form a pattern on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.