About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes.
- Utensils needed: Saucepan, casserole dish.
- 450g lean minced beef/lamb
- 1 onion
- 1 green or red pepper
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 dessertspoons of tomato sauce
- pinch of salt if desired pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Cheese sauce : 25g margarine, 25g flour, 3/4 pt Milk, 50g low fat grated cheese.
- 10 sheets of easi-cook lasagne sheets
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- To make meat sauce: Chop onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Put mince into a large pan and fry until completely brown, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon. Add onions and garlic to mince and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add chopped peppers, chopped mushrooms, tin of tomatoes and tomato sauce to the mince mixture. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the cheese sauce: Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add the milk, salt and pepper stirring all the time.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil. Keep stirring. Add cheese. Reduce heat and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Put layer of meat sauce in the bottom of casserole dish, cover with easi-cook lasagne sheets. Make 1 or 2 more layers as above finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets. Cover with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remainder of cheese and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.