How to make poached eggs
Poached eggs are great for breakfast or brunch. Give this recipe a try and see how easy they are to cook.
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
About this recipe
- Servings: 3
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 3 minutes
- Utensils needed: sauce pan and frying pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 dessertspoon of vinegar
- 1/2 pt water
- Put the water into a saucepan or frying pan, add the salt, pepper and vinegar. Bring to the boil.
- Break the eggs into the boiling salted water.
- Simmer gently until the eggs are set (this takes about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Serve with toast and beans, toast and avocado or a topping of your choice.
Poaching is a great alternative to frying; it is quick and easy with the same great taste and none of the added fat, making it a healthy breakfast.