About this recipe
- Servings: 1
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 50g low-fat grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons low-fat spread
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- Pre-heat the grill. Toast the bread on one side.
- Toast the other side until it crisps but has not turned brown.
- Mix the grated cheese, margarine and mustard together and spread over the toast.
- Grill for about 2 minutes until bubbling and starting to brown.
Alternatively you could try these:
- Toasted cheese and tomato: As above, but add 2 teaspoons tomato puree to the cheese mixture before toasting.
- Toasted cheese and pickle: As in main recipe, but add 2 teaspoons of your favourite pickle to the cheese mixture before toasting.