About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Utensils needed: Frying pan, casserole dish, saucepan
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 4 chicken fillets chopped
- 1 onion
- 1lb/450g broccoli
- Tin of mushroom soup
- 1 dessertspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 pt/150mls low-fat milk
- pinch of salt if desired
- 2oz/50g brown breadcrumbs (2 slices)
- 2oz/50g grated low-fat cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7.
- Chop the onion finely and fry in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Boil broccoli for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the milk, soup, curry powder, salt and pepper together in a jug.
- Put the cooked chicken pieces, onion and broccoli into the casserole dish.
- Pour in the soup mixture and cover with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
Tips: Carrots or any other vegetable can be used instead of broccoli. You can also use cheaper cuts of chicken to keep the cost down.