About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prepartion time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Utensils needed: Saucepan, frying pan
- ½ low salt vegetable stock cube
- 275mls of boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 280g rice
- 225g frozen peas
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 450g tin tomatoes
- Rinse rice and cook in stock for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil. Fry the chopped onion, mushrooms and pepper in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, kidney beans and tomatoes to the fried vegetables and heat gently.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 10 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with side salad.