This spicy chickpea dahl is full of healthy, natural flavors. It’s an easy student-friendly recipe. The ingredients are cheap and accessible for this one, and anybody can make it. It’s a delicious lunch or dinner recipe.
- Red onion, x2 medium
- Garlic clove, x2
- Chickpeas, x1 tin
- Coconut milk, x1 tin
- Tomatoes, x4 medium
- Red lentils, 250g
- Lime, x1
- Cumin, 3.5 tblspn
- Turmeric, x2 tblspn
- Chilli powder, x1 table spoon
- Salt & pepper
- Large saucepan
- Chopping board
- Heat a quarter cup of water in a saucepan while chopping up 2 medium sized red onions, then chuck them into the hot water and stir around.
- Chop up 2 cloves of garlic & add them to the onions.
- Add 2 tablespoon of turmeric, 3.5 tablespoons of cumin and a tspn of chilli flakes, stirring well.
- Add x4 medium chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add a tin of chickpeas (water included).
- Add a tin of coconut milk.
- Add 250g of washed red lentils.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime.
- Stir well and boil over medium heat until the Dahl thickens and the lentils expand.
- Salt and pepper to taste