How to make vegetable lasagne
This is a great new recipe to try if you're looking for a delicious and filling dinner in under an hour
About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Utensils: Frying pan, casserole dish, sauce
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- 3 carrots finely chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 dessertspoons tomato sauce
- 225g lasagne sheets or medium box of easi - cook lasagne sheets
- 2-3 dessertspoons of lowfat grated cheese pinch of
- salt if desired ground pepper
- ½ low salt vegetable stock cube*
- 275mls of boiling water
- 275ml white sauce
- mixed herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Fry the onions, peppers, mushrooms and carrots for three-five mins.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 275ml of boiling water.
- Add the tomato sauce, kidney beans, tomatoes and vegetable stock. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Layer the sheets of lasagne and vegetables in a casserole dish, starting with a layer of vegetables and finishing with a layer of lasagne.
- Make the white sauce and pour on top.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs and grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipes are from 101 Square Meals by Safefood.eu and MABS.
Was this article helpful?