This article was developed in partnership with the Credit Union, a not-for-profit, community-owned financial institution.
If you’re a new or returning college student, you probably have a lot of expenses to consider. Through the Money on Your Mind Campaign, we’re sharing tips about budgeting, managing your spending and dealing with financial stress so that you can make the most of your college experience. Learn about:
How to deal with financial stress
Read more about how other young people deal with financial stress:
How I have managed the financial stress of losing a job offer
Need more information?
We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.
- Chat now to a trained Youth Information Officer
- Or leave us a message and we will email you back
Feeling overwhelmed or want to talk to someone right now?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Free-text SPUNOUT to 50808 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service
If you are a customer of the 48 or An Post network or cannot get through using the ‘50808’ short code please text HELLO to 086 1800 280 (standard message rates may apply). Some smaller networks do not support short codes like ‘50808’.