Applications are now open for the Fulbright Irish Awards
Apply for the Fulbright scholarship before the 6th November 2018
The 2019-2020 Fulbright Irish Awards supporting Irish and EU citizens to study, research or teach in America are now open for application. The application period for the Fulbright Irish Awards 2019-2020 is from the 31st of August until the 6th of November 2018.
What are the Fulbright Irish Awards?
The Fulbright Irish Awards provide grants for Irish citizens and EU citizens who have been resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to research, study or lecture in the US on an annual basis. The awards give postgraduate students the chance to complete research in the U.S for a period of 4 months, up to a year.
There are four types of Fulbright grants available to Irish citizens during this application period: Student, Scholar, TechImpact Scholar and FLTA (Foreign Language Teaching Assistant).
What Fulbright Irish Awards are available?
The following awards are available for 2019-2020. Click on the link for full details on the award as well as how to apply.
- Fulbright General Awards for all disciplines
- Fulbright-Creative Ireland Museum Fellowship Exploratorium
- Fulbright-Creative Ireland Museum Fellowship Harry Ransom Centre
- Fulbright-Creative Ireland Museum Fellowship Smithsonian
- Fulbright-EI Student Award- in Innovation, including new technologies that will lead to job creation and increased exports
- Fulbright-EPA Award- in the areas of water, climate change, and sustainability
- Fulbright-GSI Award- in Geoscience
- Fulbright-Marine Institute Award- in the area of Marine Science or Business
- Fulbright-Maurer Scool of Law LL.M.Award
- Fulbright-Teagasc Award- in the areas of Agriculture, Forestry, or Food
- Fulbright-University of Notre Dame Student LL.M Award- in International Human Rights
- Associated Institution-Penn Law School offers a partial tuition waiver for Fulbright Awardees
For more information about applying for the Fulbright Irish Awards click here.