Yulia Ghumman (Labour Party- Swords, Fingal County Council)
The local elections will take place Friday 24th May, 2019
Name: Yulia Ghumman
Preferred Pronouns: Mrs
Party: Labour Party
Local Electoral Area: Swords, Fingal County Council
Is this person a first time Candidate: First time Candidate
What are your reasons for running as a young person in politics?
I have been very active since I moved to Ireland, as a Development Director of the Association of Ukrainians in the Republic of Ireland (AURI) and a Co-founder and Campaign Manager of Stamp 3 Association. This year I had a wonderful experience of being a Head of the Election Commission for the Ukrainian Presidential Election at the Embassy of Ukraine in Dublin.
I am standing for election because I want to contribute to the community by supporting the local development and community facilities, decent jobs, affordable housing and childcare for young families and working individuals. I want to represent communities at Fingal County Council, especially those who are underrepresented now: youth, women, and migrants (including returning Irish expatriates), to let them feel more connected and have a voice locally. I believe that Irish politics needs a change. It is a time for more of young people, more women and more diversity from migrant background. I represent all people of Swords and by voting for me, you support the change you wish to see. Make a difference – support a positive change!
‘Building sustainable communities’ it is our joint policy across Labour Fingal Constituency. Our core values are transparency, accountability, decency and honesty. I am going to stand for all people of Swords, as everyone deserves a decent life in Ireland and Government is responsible for providing for its people. Therefore, as a representative of people and local government I am going to stand for the following policies:
- Affordable and accessible housing for all;
- Workers’ rights and decent jobs for all;
- Proper planning and sustainable development of community amenities;
- Affordable and accessible childcare;
- Support and development of local business;
- Transport: improved commuter services and proper cycleways;
- Environment: keep Swords a tidy town; decrease and eliminate the use of plastic by introducing and encouraging eco-friendly, recyclable and biodegradable materials for local businesses;
- Build a ‘brand’ for Swords. I want every resident to be proud and happier living in Swords. Therefore, if elected I am going to put my effort into promoting Swords by making a ‘brand’ to attract more services and events to our town.
No matter who you are and where you are from, if you live in Ireland – you belong here, and your opinion matters at the local election. Have your say in the future of your town! Register to vote before May 7th and Vote on May 24th.