New Teen ADHD online support group launching soon
The first group takes place this Thursday, 16th July at 7pm
Joining the online support group will give teenagers with ADHD a chance to connect with other people in Ireland with similar experiences, to discuss the challenges of living with ADHD, and offer support and guidance to each other.
ADHD Teen Support Group Guidelines
ADHD Ireland have published a set of guidelines for the teen support group, including:
- Everything discussed within the group is confidential and not to be discussed outside the group
- Medication advice will not be given – ADHD Ireland are not clinicians and not qualified to moderate discussions on medication
- Everyone will be given an opportunity to speak, if they wish to do so, however, you don’t have to speak if you don’t want to
- Anonymity is important, particularly for online groups, therefore usernames only should be used and not actual names
- Be respectful in allowing other people a chance to speak, try and avoid speaking over each other
- Feedback can be given after the group by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to join the ADHD Teen Support Group
To sign up for a group, you will need to register on Eventbrite. There are two groups you can sign up to:
Places are limited, so make sure to register in advance to secure your place.
When does the ADHD support group run?
The first group takes place this Thursday, 16th July at 7pm and then it will take place every two weeks after that, on Thursdays at 7pm.
For more information visit adhdireland.ie