Why are you voting in the 2020 General Election?
SpunOut.ie wants to hear your opinions ahead of the General Election on Saturday 8th February. Help other young people across Ireland get informed before voting
SpunOut.ie is looking for anyone aged 16-25 years old and living in Ireland to share your opinions on Irish politics, politicians and political parties ahead of the General Election on Saturday 8th February 2020.
Why focus on politics?
The General Election on Saturday 8th February is your opportunity to have you say on issues that important to you. We want to support all young people across Ireland to be informed about Irish politics before casting their vote by sharing experiences, opinions and advice from other young people. If you're interested in sharing your thoughts on politics issues that are important to you and encouraging others to vote, we’d love to hear from you on anything that interests you.
You can write on any political topic you're interested in. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- What political issues that are important to you? Climate change, housing, direct provision, the economy?
- What do you think people should focus on when deciding who to vote for?
- What do you think of certain political parties and why do you think young people should vote for one party over another?
- What are the political parties track records on important issues?
- What resources would you recommend people use to find out more before they vote?
- What advice do you have for someone voting for the first time?
We also want to hear your opinion on what candidates and parties should prioritise in relation to:
- Climate action
- Education funding
- Youth services
- Reducing homelessness
- Mental health funding
- Direct provision
Throughout the campaign, we’ll be posting articles and videos with lots of information and personal stories from young people on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. We would love young people across Ireland to add your personal opinions, stories and advice to this conversation.
Do I need writing experience?
You do not need any writing experience. We’ll help you out every step of the way giving you feedback and suggestions for your piece. Your piece will be posted on SpunOut.ie and our social media to help inform thousands of young people across Ireland.
Get in touch if you’re interested in getting involved with the campaign or finding out more: