The National Youth Council of Ireland, together with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, have announce the call for applications for the United Nations Youth Delegate Programme for Ireland 2020 – 2021 which will support two young people aged between 18-25 years to join Ireland’s delegation to the United Nations.
Apply for the UN Youth Delegate Programme for Ireland 2020-2021
Since 2015, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) have partnered to provide the opportunity for young people in Ireland to participate in the UN Youth Delegate Programme.
The aims of the United Nations Youth Delegation Programme Ireland are:
- To provide a platform for young people from Ireland to be represented at the United Nations;
- To directly involve young people from Ireland in the international diplomacy, foreign policy and decision-making agenda
- To hear and include the voice of young people on development, human rights, and global citizenship issues at local, national, and international levels
- To promote development and youth policies among young people in Ireland
- To familiarise young people in Ireland with global development issues, the Sustainable Development Goals, and opportunities for action
- To support global citizenship activities and development initiatives in Ireland
Sign up to The Year in Review
If you are interested in the UN Delegate Programme, or thinking of applying, sign up for Thursday’s live event “The Year in Review”- UN Youth Delegate Programme Ireland hosted by the current Irish UN delegates Jack O’Connor and Valery Molay. This event will give you the inside track on what being a UN Youth Delegate actually means, and how the UN system works.
- The application deadline for the UN Youth Delegate Programme is May 28th
- Find out more about the programme and how to apply
Need more information?
Would you like more information? Maybe you would like to talk through your own situation? Get in touch through our online chat system for 16 to 25 year olds – Monday to Friday 4pm to 8pm.