As a young parent the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic can bring a whole range of new challenges to your daily life. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the situation, or find yourself having high and low days this is completely normal. Remember that you are trying your best and that it is okay to be unsure of what to do in this situation. To try and support you during this time, the World Health Organisation (WHO) have created a nine parenting tip posters to offer you advice for daily parenting situations.
Advice for young parents during COVID-19
- WHO Parenting Tips One: One on One Time
- WHO Parenting Tips Two: Keeping it Positive
- WHO Parenting Tips Three: Structure-Up
- WHO Parenting Tips Four: Bad Behaviour
- WHO Parenting Tips Five: Keep Calm and Manage Stress
- WHO Parenting Tips Six: Talking About COVID-19
- WHO Parenting Tips Seven: Learning Through Play
- WHO Parenting Tips Eight: When We Get Angry
- WHO Parenting Tips Nine: Parenting in Crowded Homes and Communities
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious?
If you feel overwhelmed by the current situation and need someone to talk to, our anonymous, 24 hour text line is always open. You’re worth talking about and we’re here to listen and support you.
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 086 1800 280 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service