Apply now for Amazon Web Services re/start youth tech programme
This free 12 week programme is for those aged 18-29 who are unemployed or work part-time to help kickstart a career in tech
Generation is a not for profit organisation who provide young people aged 18-29 with free training programmes. They support all programme graduates to build careers in a field of their choice, including connecting learners with employers for interviews at the end of the programme. They are currently working in partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide a course in cloud computing for young people aged 18-29 in Ireland. No prior tech knowledge or experience is required.
What does the programme involve?
This free programme is a 12 week bootcamp that trains participants to become Cloud Support Practitioners. Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the internet instead of your computer's hard drive. As a Cloud Support Practitioner you will help businesses to find cloud based solutions to challenges they may face such as storage issues or creating new accounts. There is no experience needed in this area before applying for the course as you will learn all you need to know about the role over the 12 week period.
When does the programme take place?
The course starts on November 23rd 2020 and will be delivered online mainly with some days potentially delivered in Dublin (COVID-19 restrictions dependant). The full-time programme will run from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday for the duration, with a two week break over Christmas.
What are the benefits of the course?
This course will give you a great opportunity to kickstart your career in tech. In previous courses run by Generation, 4 out of 5 participants got a job within 1 month of graduating.
During the sessions you will learn:
- How cloud computing works
- How to use different computer operating systems
- How to use different programming languages
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Who can apply for the course?
To apply for the course you must be:
- Aged 18-29
- Unemployed, not in any other education/training, or in unstable, part-time employment (working less than 16 hours per week)
- Available for 12 weeks from November 2020 and ready to potentially start a full-time job in Dublin on completion of the course
How do I apply for a place on the course?
To apply for the course you will need to:
- Register online before October 12th. Click here to register
- Explore your interest in Cloud Computing, coding and Amazon Web Services through the application process
- Complete a series of short online tasks
- Join us for an information session
- Meet us with us for a chat about the programme