As the COVID-19 restrictions have now been in place for a number of weeks, young people across Ireland are staying at home and social distancing. People are having very different experiences of the pandemic, some finding copy strategies that work for them, while others are finding it more difficult.
By sharing your experience with other young people across Ireland, you can help others to feel less alone and less isolated. No matter how you’re finding this time, it’s important to share your story with others.
Share your experience
Here are some ideas to get your started:
- How are you managing your time during the pandemic? What are you doing day to day and week to week?
- How is this impacting your mental health? Have you found some ways to support your mental health or are you struggling?
- How are you staying connected with friends and family during this time?
- What resources are you using to keep yourself entertained?
- What are you doing to support your physical and mental health during this time?
We believe that young people across Ireland can help support each other by sharing stories, lived experiences, advice and opinions. If you’re between 16 and 25 years old and living in Ireland, we’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in writing an article or making a video.
Do I need writing experience?
You do not need any writing experience. We’ll help you out every step of the way giving you feedback and suggestions for your piece. Your piece will be posted on SpunOut.ie and our social media so that thousands of young people across Ireland will feel more supported and encouraged to seek help.
Read other young people’s stories
- My top 5 tips for enjoying ourselves while social distancing
- How I support my mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 5 positives things to focus on during the COVID-19 pandemic
- What I’ve learned about myself during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Will COVID-19 help make a more inclusive society?
- How I’m coping with exam worrying during the coronavirus crisis
How do I get started?
If you’re interested in sharing your story, email Heather ([email protected]).