MYDAS (Midlands Youth Drug and Alcohol Support), a drug and alcohol support service for young people under 18, have said that they are continuing to take referrals to their service throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
MYDAS understand that young people and their families continue to need support during the pandemic, and they are there to support any young people dealing with drug and alcohol issues either themselves or within the home.
Getting support from MYDAS
MYDAS are currently working with young people from the following areas:
MYDAS offer information and advice to young people and their families dealing with issues around drugs and alcohol, provide counselling and family support, and work with young people directly to support them through treatment.
Drug & alcohol support during COVID-19
MYDAS are currently offering support through:
- A referral system – you can refer yourself or someone else by calling (057) 935 1691 or emailing [email protected]
- Video and phone counselling to young people and their families
- Providing information and updates on social media
Information on drugs & alcohol
- Drinking during the pandemic: Finding balance
- Who is at risk of alcohol dependency?
- Quiz: How much do you know about alcohol?
- Treatment and support for alcohol dependency
- Signs of alcohol dependence
- What happens when you mix alcohol and drugs?
- What to do if you are dependent on drugs
- What effect do drugs have on mental health?
Need to talk?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 50808 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service