In March of this year, schools were closed as part of the COVID-19/coronavirus restrictions. Over the last few weeks, many students have studying from home, trying to cover the courses themselves and prepare for exams. This has been difficult for many people, especially students who may not have a proper space to study, need extra support, or have other responsibilities at home. For students doing their Leaving Cert, the uncertainty around the exams may have been stressful. For students in other years, many are thinking about how the changes will impact them going forward.
SpunOut.ie wants to share your COVID-19 experience, to support other young people across Ireland.
Share your story
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- How have the COVID-19 restrictions impacted your school experience?
- How are you managing with the uncertainty around classes, exams, grades etc?
- What do you think of how schools or the government has been dealing with the restrictions?
- What has helped your physical or mental wellbeing during this time?
- Anything else you want to share about your COVID-19 experience?
We believe that young people across Ireland can help support each other by sharing stories, lived experiences, advice and opinions. If you’re between 16 and 25 years old and living in Ireland, we’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in writing an article or making a video.
Do I need writing experience?
You do not need any writing experience. We’ll help you out every step of the way giving you feedback and suggestions for your piece. Your piece will be posted on SpunOut.ie and our social media so that thousands of young people across Ireland will feel more supported and encouraged to seek help.
Read other articles on COVID-19
- How the Leaving Cert uncertainty is impacting my mental health
- How the Leaving Cert confusion is affecting me
- Young people share their thoughts on the new Leaving Cert 2020 plans
- My tips for staying focused while studying at home
- How I’m coping with exam worry during the coronavirus crisis
Email [email protected] to share your story