In March of this year, colleges were closed down with little notice as part of the COVID-19/coronavirus restrictions. The last few weeks and months have been disruptive for college students with uncertainty around course work, exams, placements, grades and supports. While some colleges are providing online classes and additional support, others are not. Some college students are managing the changes well, while others are struggling.
SpunOut.ie wants to share your COVID-19 experience, to support other young people across Ireland.
Share your story
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- How have the COVID-19 restrictions impacted your college experience?
- How are you managing with the uncertainty around grades, exams, grants etc?
- What do you think of how your college or the government has been dealing with the restrictions?
- What has helped your physical or mental wellbeing during this time?
- Anything else you want to share about your COVID-19 experience?
We believe that young people across Ireland can help support each other by sharing stories, lived experiences, advice and opinions. If you’re between 16 and 25 years old and living in Ireland, we’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in writing an article or making a video.
Do I need writing experience?
You do not need any writing experience. We’ll help you out every step of the way giving you feedback and suggestions for your piece. Your piece will be posted on SpunOut.ie and our social media so that thousands of young people across Ireland will feel more supported and encouraged to seek help.
Read other articles on COVID-19
- How COVID-19 is impacting students in school and college
- Why colleges should bring in a “No detriment” policy for COVID-19
- Young people and COVID-19: College students
- How I support my mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tips for keeping your body and mind active during the COVID-19 pandemic
How do I get started?
If you’re interested in sharing your story, get in touch with [email protected]