If you are unemployed and returning to work or education, you may be entitled to continue to receive your social welfare payment.
Your eligibility for continued payment will depend on your circumstances, and the type of work or course you are participating in.
Below is a list of some of the schemes eligible for both social welfare payments, and work for education.
- Jobseeker’s Allowance and Work
- Jobseeker’s Benefit and Work
- Jobseeker’s Allowance and Freelance Work
- Back to Education Initiative
- Back to Education Allowance – Second Level
- Back to Education Allowance – Third Level
- Back to Education Allowance – Postgraduate
- Vocational Training Opportunity Scheme
Find out more about these by calling in to your local Social Welfare Office or Intreo.
Need more information?
We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.