Places to turn to and resources to use if you are experiencing bullying
People and places to go to for help with bullying
If you are experiencing bullying in any shape or form, know that you have several resources that you can turn to in order to seek help on the matter. Remember that you are not alone in this experience, and that it can be very difficult to deal with a bully on your own. Bullying can often feel very isolating, so be sure to reach out for help. Below are some resources that you can turn to for help.
Family Members and Teachers
- It is always best to start out talking to an adult about people who are bullying you.
- They are often the ones who can help you the most when it comes to dealing with your bully.
- Getting an adult, like a parent or teacher, involved will ensure that the bullying will be directly addressed.
- They can also give you useful advice on how to handle the situation.
- ChildLine is a great place to go for help dealing with your bully because they offer many resources.
- You are able to instant message them on their website, call and talk to them on their helpline and even text them.
- If you would like to instant message them, be sure to visit their website www.childline.ie, and click on the ‘chat to us’ button.
- If you wish to call and talk to someone, you are able to do so 24 hours a day by calling 1800 66 66 66.
- Lastly if you would like to text them, be sure to text the word ‘TALK’ to 50101, and you will then be able to text someone about what you are going through.
- TeenLine is also another great place to go in order to talk to someone about bullying.
- You are able to get in contact with them either through calling them between 8pm-11pm, 7 days a week, at 1800 833 634, or texting ‘HEAR’ to 51444.
- If you wish to find out more information about TeenLine, check out their website as well at www.teenline.ie.
- Samaritans is an organisation that is available to talk to 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- You are able to get in touch with one of their certified volunteers by calling them at 116 123, or emailing them at email@example.com.
- If you wish to find out more about them and their services be sure to visit www.samaritans.org.
- Bully4U is a great place to turn to in order to learn more about bullying and the things that you can do to help stop bullying.
- You can find out more about them and advice on bullying here at their website: www.bully4U.ie.