How to manage stress: spunout x Schuh
Everyone experiences stress from time to time, but too much stress can become overwhelming. Here are some resources that can help you manage stress.
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
spunout is working proudly in collaboration with Schuh to provide practical information for minding your mental health and wellbeing. One thing that can have a big impact on your mental wellbeing is stress. Stress is a part of life, and it isn’t always a bad thing. Experiencing some stress can help motivate you to take action, it can help you make decisions, and it can help you figure out what’s important or when you need to make a change. When stress builds up too much, it can become overwhelming, make life more difficult, and hold you back from doing what you want to do.
Developing strategies that you can use to manage your stress levels can help you live a happier and healthier life. The articles below contain information and techniques on managing stress and other difficult emotions.
Dealing with stress
- 10 tips for dealing with stress
- Six steps you can take to manage stress and prevent burnout
- How to tell if you are burnt out
- How to handle exam stress
Dealing with anxiety
- Dealing with anxiety
- Panic attacks
- What is Generalised Anxiety Disorder?
- 5 mindfulness exercises you can try
- What can mindfulness meditation do for your mental health?
- What is grounding and how can it help me?
Dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings
- How you regulate your emotions
- How to build new coping skills
- Common thought patterns and how they can affect your life
- How to change your thought patterns
Feeling overwhelmed and want to talk to someone?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Free-text SPUNOUT to 50808 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service
If you are a customer of the 48 or An Post network or cannot get through using the ‘50808’ short code please text HELLO to 086 1800 280 (standard message rates may apply). Some smaller networks do not support short codes like ‘50808’.