YSI launch Open Call for young people in Ireland
Volunteer in your community by taking part in the YSI Open Call challenge
Nurses, shop workers, doctors, cleaners, carers, businesses, communities and families are all coming together across Ireland to do everything they can to tackle COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Now Young Social Innovators (YSI) are asking young people to come up with ideas on how to tackle the challenges from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in their communities.
Young Social Innovator's (YSI) Open Call to Young People
Who are YSI?
YSI are Ireland's largest social awareness and active citizenship and education programme for 15-18 year olds. Their main goal is to get young people involved in action which helps improve the lives of others in their community.
Get involved with YSI and help your local community
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has changed the way we live, work, learn, connect, communicate, travel and care for each other. YSI's new research which has found that 68% of young people in Ireland are optimistic that society will change for the better in the aftermath of coronavirus. YSI know that young people have plenty of ideas about how to tackle these challenges in new and creative ways, and they want to hear from you.
Over the next 6 weeks YSI is asking young people to look around their community and to think about what is working, what is not working, what is bothering you and what can you do to help?
How to take part in YSI's Open Call:
- Sign up to take part here
- You will get a resource pack and weekly emails from YSI to help you to develop your
- Take part on your own, with family, or with friends
- Submit your idea by 31st May
- Everyone who submits an idea will be in a weekly draw for an online voucher
- Ideas will be displayed on YSI’s website and social media channels
The ideas with the highest potential for impact will have the opportunity to present to a digital panel of leaders from across business, government, and NGOs. Panel members include the HSE, Virgin Media, the GAA, the Children's Rights Alliance and the National Youth Council of Ireland.
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious around the current pandemic?
This situation is completely new to everyone involved and it is normal to feel worried or anxious about what is going on. Following the Government’s instructions on how to stay safe and help slow the spread of the virus, can help to make you feel more in control of your current situation.
If you feel overwhelmed by the current situation and need someone to talk to, our anonymous, 24 hour text line is always open. You're worth talking about and we're here to listen and support you.
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 086 1800 280 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service