Northside Minds – Community mental health seminar
Head to Parnell’s GAA Club in Coolock Village on Jan 18th to learn more about mental health
Written by spunout
Information about the latest news and opportunities.
Northside Minds, a Community Mental Health seminar, is taking place on Wednesday 18th January 2017 from 14:00 to 17:00 in Parnell’s GAA Club, Coolock Village.
The seminar will hear what a variety of inspirational speakers have to say about mental health and wellbeing. This is a youth-led event as part of LÁMH: a week of Learning About Mental Health, brought to you by a local group of Young Community Leaders facilitated by the Northside Partnership.
Speakers at the seminar will include:
- Karl Togher from the Northside Counselling Service on the area of self-injury
- Local youth Owen Murray on living with bipolar disorder
- Freelance Catalyst Carol Conway on the topic of self-awareness
- Principal Peter Keohane of the Donahies Community School on the topic of mental health and education
- Michelle Waters on Dublin City Council Sports and Wellbeing Partnership services in our area
- Plus “Volunteering for your wellbeing”: panel discussion hosted by Volunteer Ireland CEO Anna Gunning.
Book your free place here: https://northsideminds.eventbrite.ie
Group bookings can be made via email: [email protected]