Safer Internet Day Ambassador Training Day 2018
SID Ambassadors train at Facebook HQ
Written by Rebekah Connolly
Information about the latest news and opportunities.
Safer Internet Day (SID) 2018
Safer Internet Day is an EU wide initiative which promotes safer internet use that will take place on Tuesday the 6th of February.
The Theme for Safer Internet Day 2018 is “Create, connect and share respect: A better internet starts with you”.
In preperation for SID over 100 secondary school students from around Ireland took part in the Safer Internet Day (SID) Ambassador Training Programme in Facebook HQ on the 10th of January.
Webwise and PDST Technology in Education
- Webwise is the Irish Internet Safety Awareness Center which is co-funded by the Department of Education and Skills and co-financed by the European Union’s Connecting Europe Facility.
- The PDST Technology in Education is a section of the Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST). The PDST is a support service of Teacher Education Section, Department of Education and Skills and is hosted by Dublin West Education Centre.
- SID Ambassador students lead awareness campaigns in their schools, clubs and communities which address the issues of cyberbullying and internet safety.
- Student Ambassadors receive online and offline training from trainers on the Webwise Youth Panel.
- This year students took part in discussions on issues concerning their online lives such as safe image sharing, using social media, consent, big data and online well-being.
Be Part of SID 2018
If you and your school or organisation are interested in taking part in Safer Internet Training Day 2018 you can order resources by clicking here.
To learn more about online safety visit SpunOut's Online Safety Hub which you can find here.