Intreo is a service provided by the Department of Social Protection. It is responsible for managing a range of resources around employment and income support. It provides services to both jobseekers and employers.
What services does it provide?
- Connects Jobseekers with jobs
- Provides job listings online and in person
Connects service users with employment schemes including:
- Community Employment Programme
- Community Services Programme
- Rural Social Scheme
- Voluntary Work Option
- Skills to Work
Provides guidance and advice
- Advice on CVs
- Helps identify skills and experience
- Helps match relevant skills with jobs
- Information and advice on courses and training options
- Information on job opportunities throughout Europe through Eures
Learning and upskilling services
Connects service users with education programmes including:
- ETB training courses
- Administers Back to Education supports
- Administers Training Support Grant
Administers income supports include:
In-work income support
Administers in-work income supports including:
- Back to Work Family Dividend
- Family Income Supplement
- Partial Capacity Benefit
- Part-time Job Incentive
- Short Term Enterprise Allowance
- Work Supports for People with a Disability
Who should use Intreo?
Intreo is for all jobseekers from the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where is Intreo based?
There are a list of Intreo offices here.
What should you bring to an Intreo centre?
You should bring your PPS number and proof of your address, such as a utility bill in your name.
When does it open?
Opening hours can vary depending on the centre.
Need more information?
We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.