Share your story as a young LGBTI+ person of colour in Ireland
We want to hear what it's like to be an LGBTI+ person of colour (POC) with other young people across Ireland
This is an opinion of a young person and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SpunOut.ie. It is one person's experience and may be different for you. If you'd like to write something for SpunOut.ie please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Pride month, we want you to share your story, experience, advice and opinions on what it's like to be an LGBTI+ person of colour (POC) with other young people across Ireland. Pride is a time for celebration and acceptance for the LGBTI+ community in Ireland ,and with the Black Lives Matter movement gaining momentum, we want to hear from black LGBTI+ young people and other POC on this topic. By sharing your story, you can help support other young people across Ireland.
Share your story
As a young LGBTI+ person of colour, we want to hear from you. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- What does Pride mean to you?
- What are your plans for celebrating Pride this year? How has COVID-19 impacted it?
- What advice would you have for any LGBTI+ young people who may be struggling during this time?
- How do you think young LGBTI+ people of colour can be better supported in Ireland?
- Anything else you want to share?
We believe that young people across Ireland can help support each other by sharing stories, lived experiences, advice and opinions. If you’re between 16 and 25 years old and living in Ireland, we’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in writing an article or making a video.
Do I need writing experience?
You do not need any writing experience. We’ll help you out every step of the way giving you feedback and suggestions for your piece. Your piece will be posted on SpunOut.ie and our social media so that thousands of young people across Ireland will feel more supported and encouraged to seek help.
Read other young people's stories
- How I felt marching in Dublin Pride this year
- What it's like for LGBTI+ young people in rural Ireland
- An open letter to businesses supporting Pride
- Why Queer spaces are still important to have
- Why Pride and International Coming Out Day are so important
Get in touch if you’re interested in getting involved or finding out more: