How to fill out the Back to Education Allowance form (BTE 1)

Find out how to fill out this form
Written by

If you’re over 21 and are unemployed, a single parent or have a disability, then you may be entitled to Back To Education Allowance. Find out more here.

Download empty form

Page 1

Page 1 Annotation: BTEA stands for Back to Education Allowance.

Page 2

Page 3

Page 3 Annotation – Part 1 Your PPS Number – You can find your PPS number by contacting Intreo or your social welfare office.

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 6 Annotation – Part 2 Financial Institution – You can find your BIC and IBAN on your bank statement or online banking.

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 9 Annotation – Part 5 Additional Information – VTOS means Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme.

Page 10

Page 11

Page 12

Need more information?

We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.

Related articles
Skip to content