Wheelchair sports teams you can join in Ireland
With over 20 clubs to choose from find the sport that suits you
If you are a wheelchair user and would like to take up a sport the best option for you is to become a member of Irish Wheelchair Association -Sports. The IWA-Sports have a network of 21 sports clubs located around Ireland as well as a gym and currenlty employ approximately 2300 people around Ireland. IWA-Sports is primarily funded by Sports Ireland and is also largely supported by volunteers. IWA-Sports currently have basketball, rugby, swimming, archery, table-tennis, athletics, power-lifting and junior sports clubs around Ireland.
If you would like more information about joining the IWA-Sports you can contact their Regional Sports Development Officers here.
Wheelchair Sports Clubs in Ireland
- Killester Wheelchair Basketball Club IWA, Clontarf - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clonaslee Wheelchair Basketball Club, Laois - email@example.com
- Limerick Scorpions Wheelchair Basketball Club, Limerick - firstname.lastname@example.org
- South East Swifts Wheelchair Basketball Club, Kilkenny/Carlow - SWall@wallsteel.ie
- Rebel Wheelers Wheelchair Basketball Club, Cork - email@example.com
- Titans Galway Wheelchair Basketball Club, Galway - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East Thunder Wheelchair Basketball Club, Dundalk - email@example.com
- Shannonside Junior Wheelchair Basketball Club, Athlone - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NI Knight Wheelchair Basketball Club, Belfast - email@example.com
- Ballybrack Bulls, Ballybrack South Dublin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaelic Warriors Wheelchair Rugby Club IWA, Clontarf - email@example.com
- Rebel Wheelers Wheelchair Rugby Club, Cork - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ulster Barbarians Wheelchair Rugby Club, Belfast - email@example.com
- Laois lions Wheelchair Rugby Club, Laois - firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-sport Junior Clubs (ages 5 to 17 )
- Galway Speeders Multi Sport Junior Club, Galway - email@example.com
- Dublin Swifts Multi Sport Junior Club IWA, Clontarf - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebel Wheelers Multi Sport Junior Club, Cork - email@example.com
- North East Sports Junior Programme, Louth - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deise Dragons Multi Sport Junior Club, Waterford City - email@example.com
- Banner Spokes Multi Sport Junior Club Ennis, Co Clare - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slaneysiders Multi Sport Junior Club, Wexford - email@example.com
Other Wheelchair Sport Clubs in Ireland
- Para Athletics - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Para Powerlifting - email@example.com
- Para Swimming
- Para Archery
- Table Tennis
Irish Wheelchair Association Gym Clontarf
Irish Wheelchair Association Gym in Clontarf, North Dublin is open to IWA members, the general public and have special rates for students & older adults (65+). The gym accepts referrals through the HSE GP Referral programme, from physiotherapist’s and as follow-on out-patient referrals after cardiac rehab.
The majority of the gym equipment is fully accessible for wheelchair users with a wide range of equipment available for all areas of training (health, general fitness, sports performance etc.) & rehab.
If you would like to add a wheelchair sports club to this list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.