How to make breakfast bars
This recipe is handy for those people who don't like big breakfasts
About this recipe
- Servings: 6
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Utensils needed: mixing bowl, baking tin
- 150g jumbo oats
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 60g melted butter
- 60g cherries
- 60g cranberries
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C, gas mark 6).
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, cherries, cranberries and seeds. Pour in the melted butter and mix in thoroughly to make sure the oats are well coated.
- On a separate plate, mash the bananas into a pulp with a fork, add to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a 30cm x 20cm tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool, then cut into six bars.