How to make breakfast muffins
Try making a batch of muffins to last a few days
About this recipe
- Servings: 10
- Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Utensils needed: mixing bowl, wooden spoon, muffin tray, muffin cases, sieve
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g light brown sugar
- 250ml full-fat milk
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 100g toasted, skinned hazelnuts, chopped
- 25g dried cherries
- 25g dried cranberries
- 75g crunchy granola
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and then stir in the sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and melted butter, then pour into the dry ingredients and quickly mix together. Stir in the hazelnuts, dried cherries and dried cranberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cases and sprinkle the top of each with the granola.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Leave to cool for five minutes in the tin before serving warm or at room temperature.