Suicide is a complex issue that many people find difficult to talk about. Understanding what causes suicide, knowing the right language to use, and learning how to respond when someone is feeling suicidal can empower people with the confidence to engage with the topic of suicide.
Change how you think about suicide
- Understanding why suicide isn’t selfish
- 8 common myths about suicide
- 6 facts about suicide
- Who is at risk of suicide?
- Does having suicidal thoughts mean you are depressed?
Change how you speak about suicide
Change how you respond to suicide
If you are feeling suicidal:
- I’m feeling suicidal. What should I do?
- How to cope with suicidal thoughts
- How to tell someone you are feeling suicidal
- How to create a safety plan for if you feel suicidal
- Suicide support services around Ireland
- How I recovered from my suicide attempt
- We need to talk about suicide
- How support from my family and counsellors helped when I was suicidal
- Recovering and moving on after my suicide attempts
- How counselling has helped with my suicidal thoughts
Feeling overwhelmed or want to talk to someone right now?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text ACTION to 50808 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service